Monday, April 28, 2008

I'm a rock star, Baby!

I am a rock star. Don't let anyone tell you differently. The first of the farewell parties was this weekend. Bitter invited some friends from work over for food and drinks. One brought Rock Band; one brought his new 42" LCD TV. With the size of our condo it was like have a movie screen in our living room.

Rock Band is awesome, but I have one complaint: the drums. There seems to be no way to successfully play them without the annoying whack of wood on plastic. Even the music doesn't mask it.

Anyway, most people seemed to have a good time. And performances were generally good. They would have been better had a certain Jaded drummer not consistently brought the scores down. Kudos to everyone who sang. And extra marks for the one who sang Paranoid without, I would guess, knowing any of the words. Fortunately, in Rock Band that's not a handicap.

What I find interesting about Rock Band or Guitar Hero, though, is that when I pay attention to the music I do worse. Maybe the timing of the onscreen notes and the music don't quite sync. The best way to do it would be to turn off the music so I can concentrate. Of course, that way I wouldn't hear the screams from my adoring fans.

No comments: