Saturday, September 20, 2008

My new toy... er... tool

I'm typing this entry on my new Acer Aspire One. It's a new computer in a class that they call a netbook. Which is just fancy talk for an ultra-small laptop. This one has a screen size just under 9" and is very light. I got the Linux version which also has a sold state hard drive - so no moving parts. The downside is that the HDD is only 8GB and half of that is taken up with software. I don't intend to use this as my main computer, so that should be fine. I spent a good part of the afternoon sitting on the patio at a new restaurant a couple of minutes away writing, which is what I wanted. It's small enough to fit in the little backpack I have and a couple of hours of battery life. I would have published this post from the patio, but they didn't have free WiFi, so I'm doing it from home while it recharges. It seems to recharge quickly and boots in under 30 seconds too.

No comments: