Thursday, October 02, 2008

Are you ready for love?

Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds played at the Koolhaus last night. The opening band was Black Mountain from Vancouver. They put on a great show. I'd heard and liked them already, and this just confirmed it. Solid half rock / half psychedelic with a little bit of Black Sabbath thrown in.

Nick Cave wasn't quite what I expected, I'll have to admit. He put on an awesome show, though. High energy all the way through. Considering his albums, I was surprised he didn't play keyboards more - only one song - and I didn't even know he played guitar. It was loud and rockin' the whole night. What was great was that he played a good mix of new and old. He even played a few requests from signs in the audience.

On a side note: I have to record two bits of awesome dialog. I overheard the two broke (as they said repeatedly) college girls standing in line behind me.

Girl One: These boots weren't made for standing around; they were made for lying down.

Girl Two: There's nothing quite like shaking hands with someone you've fucked to make it transaction.

I'm not even going to ask how they paid for the tickets.

No comments: