Sunday, October 05, 2008

As of someone gently rapping

The last couple of weeks have busier at home than usual. The upcoming election has resulted in a number of political types coming to the door. Several times it's been volunteers for the local Liberal candidate, but one day it was my NDP candidate herself. I was wearing one of my nerdy t-shirts - it's got a Venn diagram with two circles; one says "Music I like", the other says "Music you like" and the area where they intersect is labelled "Music I used to like". The NDP candidate read it back to me, laughed uncertainly and clearly didn't understand it at all.

This week I was invited to a party in a neighbouring apartment on Saturday. All the neighbours were going to be invited. There would be food and a muscial portion to the night. Some people were going to play guitar and sing and anyone was welcome to sing as well if they liked. While not necessarily my thing, I thought it might not be a bad way to meet some of the people in the building. Then it was mentioned that there would be a "media presentation" that was based on, but not directly related to beliefs of the Baha'i faith. I spent time at Nuit Blanche instead. 

I'm going to stop answering my door.

No comments: